With a bit of a delay we're happy to announce that Ikarus is reaching its next stage. Most of the changes in this release have been architecturally so you won't notice most of them.
- The Representation feature has been completely reworked.
We have a short video tutorial for the new functionality available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98fBFmOpmb4&feature=youtu.be
We've attempted to port your old Representation into the new layout. We've tested this relatively thoroughly but you might still experience small inconsistencies.
- There is now a preview for References/Reference-Lists, simply hover over an instance to see its values in detail!
- You can now reorder Blueprints, Attributes, Instances, and Constraints in any way you want! I know this feature was very requested and it took us a few attempts, but I think the current setup is pretty sophisticated, though the detection for hovering is a few pixels off at times
- There were a few bugs with representations, those had been fixed, but those fixes are now obsolete, specifically deleting an Attribute cleared all Representation-Parts and you were able to select a non-Reference/Reference-List as an Attribute in a Part and then change it to a Reference/Reference-list.
- You were previously unable to add an entity (blueprints, attributes, representation-parts, instances) after you deleted another one that came before it.
- Deleting projects on windows failed sometimes
- Ikarus now runs a lot smoother on all rights, we've implemented clipping, meaning only data that is displayed is rendered. Whilst representations are technically slower than before, this drastically improves Ikarus' scaling with many entities.
Clipping isn't perfect yet and you might be able to find things being rendered a little to late, or a little too early (though you can't detect the latter :P)
- We've completely rewritten the model and only rely on the database now, this is a huge improvement and will make work on future features a lot easier for us, whilst at the same time massively improving stability and performance all-round.
I hope you all enjoy this release and are hyped for the future!
Come talk to us on our Discord if you have troubles with the new release or just want to give us feedback or requests for new features!
Folling - Dev and Community Manager