You can now share actors on the workshop! Have an idea for a type of enemy or vehicle? Upload your creation to workshop so other builders can put it in their game.
We can’t wait to see what you all build for each other!
We’ve also enabled custom terrain textures. Have a cool ground texture you want to use? Just click the load button in the terrain sidebar
Here are the complete build notes for this update:
- Share your actors!! See the import/export buttons in the "Custom" category of the Creation Library
- Import your own terrain textures! Click the folder icon in the terrain texture/style picker
- Road terrain blocks can now be rotated - you can finally create north-south roads!
- Bug fix: More multiplayer physics improvements (actors not settling where they should be, etc.)
- Bug fix: Particle emitters now rotate correctly with the actor
- Bug fix: When you create a custom copy of an assigned card, properties are now copied over
- Terrain tool: While creating terrain, hold the Control key to temporarily enter Delete mode
- Annoyed by default cards when you add a panel? Type "defaultCards" in the console to toggle this behavior
- Added Change Camera card to allow dynamic switching of camera for cut-scenes, etc.
- Cameras without camera cards no longer reparent (and thus no longer follow) the target actor, for flexibility.
- More options in Board card: max distance and control over whether or not player must be facing vehicle.
- Fixed missing icons in Change Variable and Variable Is cards.
- Finally implemented getLocalPos(), getLocalRot(), setLocalPos(), setLocalRot().
- IF-THEN panel can now be made to work offstage.
- Added a Go Onstage card to allow an actor to return to the stage upon receiving an event, for instance.
- Fixed scoreboard colors (were faded)
- Health Panel changes: deck for actions to perform immediately when about to die, configurable delay, deck for after delay.
- Player move cards now respect dead state and don't move player while dead, fixing the "player drifts while dead" bug.
- Event causer for damage/death messages was incorrectly set to the player that was damaged rather than the object that damaged the player. This made it impossible to do deathmatch scoring. Fixed so the event causer is the actor causing the damage.
- Added API to get/set sky and lighting: getSkyType(), setSkyType()m getSkyColor(), getSkyColor(), setSceneLighting(), getSceneLighting().
- Added a uiGetScreenHeight() function to return the screen height in the game UI coordinate system, as it's not always 900.
- Added a uiGetScreenInfo() function to get more info about the screen, including the actual size in pixels.
- Added uiImageSlice for image slicing with noFilter option for crisp pixelated graphics.
- Fixed missing parameter in requireNotEquals
We’ve also just been quietly releasing updates and posting the build notes on the forum. If you’re curious about those - here are links:
Thanks again for checking out Game Builder!