A Skin is the material used to give an object its looks & colors. Body Groups allow objects to have alternative and/or optional 3D parts attached to them. Today's AArcade update adds support for both Body Groups & Skins to the Transform menu!
If a model supports body groups, they'll be listed in the new Body Groups tab of the Transform menu. Each body group has its own name & slider. Some body groups can just be turned off/on, while others might have many different values to choose from! Note that most models do not utilize body groups.
If a model supports skins, they'll be listed in the new Skins tab of the Transform menu. Skins only impact the look & color of a model. Note that most models do not utilize extra skins.
Visual Vehicle Override
We've always been able to spawn the default HL2 Air Boat, but its looks are so basic & boring. Today's update lets us override the air boat's visual model with any of our own custom addon models.
Only the visual model is replaced with our own static addon model, not the behavior of the air boat, but even this is a big step up from the ugly air boat.
This feature takes a couple steps to setup, but is worth it especially for your arcades in very large maps!
First, you have to spawn your model into the world. Next, you middle-click on it, choose Advanced, then Flag As Vehicle. After that, it'll appear on the new Settings > Vehicle tab.
The Vehicle tab allows you to spawn your vehicle, but also allows you to adjust the camera position when riding in your vehicle, as well as adjust the offset & rotation of the visual model you are overriding the air boat with. Hover over any of the sliders for in-game help text about what they do.
- Added support for Body Groups & Skins. (Also added them to the Transform Menu while in Object Placement Mode.)
- Added Mouse Wheel Up / Down to be enter/exit third person mode & camera zoom. (Only when weapons are disabled, otherwise it is switch weapons like normal.)
- Added a Visual Vehicle Override system so that we can drive better vehicles than just the default HL2 Air Boat.
- Added Flag As Vehicle and Unflag As Vehicle buttons to the Object Properties menu. Flagging an object's model as a vehicle adds it to the new Settings > Vehicle tab.
- Added a Vehicle tab to the Settings menu. It will only be useful after you've flagged some of your addon props as vehicles. It is where you can adjust the camera & model overrides for each vehicle model you flag.
- Added Vehicle Menu and Vehicle Remove All Spawned to the Commands tab. Also renamed the Air Boat command to Vehicle Spawn.
- Added Camera Vertical to the Settings > Camera tab. It lets you control the vertical offset of the camera while in 3rd person mode.
- Added help text when hovering over tab icons in the Tab Menu.
- Added a Close Task and Close All Tasks buttons to the Commands tab. Useful for people who have Auto-Close Tasks turned off.
- Added various console variables & commands associated with the new vehicle system: vehicle_menu, setvehiclemodel, air_boat_model, air_boat_offset, air_boat_angles, vehicle_eye_offset.
- Improved addon model compatibility & stability. (ie. Fixed a crash bug that lots of models had.)
- Improved range of motion of the values on the Settings > Camera tab.
- Improved the Commands tab by renaming Toggle Libretro, Toggle Mute, and Stop Sounds to Libretro Auto-Play Toggle, Sound Mute Toggle, and Sound Stop respectively in order to make them easier to find in the list.
- Fixed various issues with saving new nodes. (The rotation bug with objects positioned at odd angles is still an issue though.)
- Fixed the togglephysics command to show up in console search & auto-complete.