The second Abrakadaboom update is out!
The first feature we want to tell you about is the training arena!
Accessible directly from the main menu, the training arena is a place where both new and old players can familiarize themselves with the game controls and mechanics.
You can even switch between the different orbs and powers to learn how each one works.
And of course, you can train alone or with some friends!
Now, let’s get to our second feature of the day, the rework of the “Extra Life” game mode.
As is currently the case, you get a limited number of lives and the goal is to be the last wizard standing.
What is new is that, when you succumb and have no more lives left, your character becomes a Will'o'Wisp. This allows you to keep playing and influence the outcome of the game.
How does it work exactly? Well, as a Wisp you can roam the arena and place drops overcharged with magic on the ground. While Wisps are immune to the resulting puddles, it is deadly for other characters and can act as traps or obstacles.
We are confident that those changes should make “Extra Life” more interesting and enjoyable overall.
And as usual, we have also made a few enhancements and fixes:
- The Enchanter’s corrective lenses have been tone down as his ophthalmologist suggested.
- Bots got better at evaluating danger and moving around in the world.
- A leaking pipe in the water delivery system for the Water arenas was fixed, thus eliminating a potential source of game crash.
- Since the game is not made for Virtual Reality, VR plugins had to be tamed so they would not launch unexpectedly.
- A few improvements in performances thanks to some dark magic optimizations.
Try not to sweat too much in the training arena and keep in mind that, as fun as it can be, the goal of “Extra Life” is NOT to become a Wisp ;)