This build fixes a few important bugs and cleans up several minor issues. Our focus right now is on stability and performance but please post here or on Discord if you spot anything major.
- Goo replication - Clients were experiencing desyncs in goo height relative to the server. This should now be definitively fixed.
- Night lighting - A bug in the dynamic sky system was causing sun and moon incident angles to fall out of sync with their visual positions in the sky. This was leading to what appeared to be light shining through the world at night. Night lighting and far shadowing should now be correct.
- Disappearing players - Client players were sometimes unable to see other players after spawning in. This was due to a lag related timing issue. Spawn code was rewritten to remove the potential for spawn timing desyncs on clients and this should now be fixed.
- Goo haze - Some players found the haze that appears near the goo too aggressive and this effect has been significantly reduced.
- Buffs after respawning - Players who died while a buff was in effect would still have the buff indication on their UI after respawn. However the buff was not really active. Buff indications are now cleared on respawn.
- Pistol shot audio - Sounded distant to the owning player. This has been fixed.
Numerous tweaks and fixes have been made to the UI to accommodate a wider range of aspect ratios and languages.
The game has now been localized for the following languages:
- Chinese (simplified)