We are pleased to present you with another update. This update features another big bump to performance and optimization. We focused on our vegetation system, physics, and texture memory. These improvements will benefit both low-end and high-end players as they will see an overall reduction in hitching while also being able to adjust the draw distance of the grass for added performance. Tim and Brian are making great progress on the new bosses/content and we hope to have something to show soon.
Early Access Build 0.5.048
- Updated vegetation system to a newer more performant version
- Added grass draw distance slider to Graphics options
- Cleaned up physics meshes on cliffs and ruins
- Optimized texture sizes to keep memory use down
- Optimized particle fog
- Added LOD’s to the roots in the temple
- Fixed Skin Shader on lower graphics settings
- Fixed multiple frame rate hitch sources
- Fixed undead sword hitbox length to match sword better
- Fixed some scaffolding positions so the player doesn’t go through on pull up
- Fixed an issue with players falling under the temple upon save
Follow Praey for the Gods development
Review our Early Access Roadmap
You can also find out about the latest PFTG updates in all sorts of ways.
Follow the No Matter Studios and Praey for the Gods Steam groups to get a notification on Steam. Sign up to the PFTG Newsletter to receive quarterly updates on our development.
You can also follow us on social media
After the recent Steam sale we’ve seen a flood of new feedback including many new, positive reviews. Much of the feedback aligns very closely with our road map, which is a big morale boost for us. We can't thank you enough for all the great feedback, bug reports, and support -- we're digging through it all as quickly as we can
Keep it coming!
No Matter Studios