Hope you’re all doing well! This update ended up being a little different that I orgininally intended. The plan had been to have Medic-centric Meat Fortress content ready for this update, but I ran into some performance issues with my new bot functionality for them mid-week, and course-corrected into focussing on general gameplay and pathing improvements for the mode instead!
One thing you should notice is that certain classes no longer get ‘locked down’ in skirmishing (especially the scout) but will instead continue to evade and run to their goal regardless of distance to target. Other classes do this when outside of a short range, so you should no longer see engies and pyros trying to take 100m engagements standing still with a shotgun. This should also really help the various classes feel more distinct in their combat behavior.
The addition of the ‘Play Area’ option was also a much needed refactor of how I design ‘goals’ and ‘zones’ for the agents to fight in/to/around and will enable the creation of other modes far easier. The current plan is to tackle a Capture Point mode next, as well as to get some sort of Team Scoring in as well. Those, and the Medic content, I plan to have ready for you folks sometime in August.
Anywho, that’s it for now. As i said in the devlog, there likely won’t be a devlog/update next week, as I’ll be recovering from some dentist shenanigans. I’ll cya folks first Friday of August for some more Meaty good times!
Changelog - Update 75
- Added New Firearm: Rio Big Bore Lever Action (45-70 Govt.)
- Added New Firearm: Rio Big Bore Salvaged Lever Action (45-70 Govt.)
- [Meat Fortress] Added New Option: TDM Play Area (Full Map, Center, Flank)
- [Meat Fortress] Added New Option: Team (Red or Blue)
- Added New Option: Twinstick Jump Mode (Enabled, Disabled)
- [Meat Fortress] Rebuilt entire map’s pathing network. Bots are capable of much more vertical movement now
- [Meat Fortress] Sosig Classes now have even more varied movement/engagement rules.
- [Meat Fortress] 18x50mm Packawhallop Cartridge given even more whallop
- [Meat Fortress] Demo Nades and Sticky-bombs are now colored correctly for their given team
- [Meat Fortress] Sticky-bombs and Demo Nades can now be detonanted by non-explosive damage
- Sosigs moving vertically on ‘off mesh links’ (such as jumping down, ladders, etc.) now have proper speed values for that movement (still WIP, as this has to be (of course) configured manually in each scene).
- [Meat Fortress] Fixed Sosig Nade launcher firing projectiles that don’t hurt the player
- [Meat Fortress] Fixed Syringe-gun mag from being able to be normally picked up after the first time
- Fixed Meatgrinder being just… completely broken.
- Fixed Object Throwing Momentum Computation (especially as it interacts with teleporting)
- Tweaked throw
- G17/18/19/22/17custom Trigger Styles fixed
- Fixed incorrect scoring on the bulls eyes in the Warehouse range
- Fixed M1928 Thompson foregrip hand-target location
- Fixed Disabling of Snapturning in Twinstick mode ALSO disabling jump
- Fixed Twinstick Toggle when in left handed mode locking object input on wrong hand
- Fixed a couple logic-errors when utilizing second 2-axis input for Index & WMR