It`s been a great launch week - many new players have discovered the game during this time, but more importantly thousands of old players came back to the game! Myself and others from our small team had a great time playing games with many of you, and chatting in-game. Thanks for all the feedback, suggestions and reviews!
With launch craziness behind us, we are switching from daily hog fixes to bigger updates every few days, and we are happy to introduce our first major update to KW2DE - 1.4!
Keep in mind that you will need to update the game in order to continue playing in online mode.
Thanks again for supporting the game - please consider leaving us some feedback on the forums or review sections. We`d love to hear from you what we are doing right, and what still needs out attention.
We are looking forward to staying in touch with you in the game chat all day long, as well as on our forums.
And so introducing Update # 4:
MAJOR CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Social Invite player to a game mode now randomizes the map
- AI will now open and close gates properly
- Login button added above the three GUI quickplay buttons for those that are offline
PERFORMANCE AND OPTIMIZATION
- Updated all worker (i.e. Peasant, Laborer, Warden, etc.) code to improve FPS (More improvements coming)
- Zombies spawn 10 minutes after a battalion has died (Make sure to clean up the battlefield after big fights!)
- Zombies that spawn remove corpses.
- Corpses are removed after 15 minutes in skirmish mode, 12 minutes in survival
- Zombies will start to decay after being alive for 10 minutes if not killed in Skirmish and 12 minutes in Survival
- Zombies will temporarily stop spawning if higher than max number on the map
- Temporarily removed Skeletons from Survival until properly optimized
FIXES AND ADDITIONS
- Orc AI Hard will now properly send units to attack you
- Players do not receive a Defeat message when sending units to allies unless they have zero units left.
- Fixed Card Power Functions and in-game use texts to align with their abilities
- Social Invite player to a game mode now checks the game version before the match
- Fixed a bug causing corpses to get stuck in walls
- Decreased the max fly height of arrows and bolts
- Slightly increased zoom level due to popular feedback
- Starting camera distance is set to max zoom out of “Minimum Camera Setting”
- Added, "Disabled in Offline Mode" tooltip to Tech Tree and Card Powers when in Offline Mode.
- Chat bar now scrolls to the bottom of chat after a loading screen
- Removed Attack Move from various units (depreciated/same as aggressive stance)
- Fixed Font for the Chinese Language
- Adjusted difficulty of Survival to make late games much harder
- Due to popular feedback, Resource Cap has been increased to 10k in all modes
- Decreased the Cost of Wardens by 30%
- Decreased the Cost of Female Wardens by 15%
- Reduced HP of Skeletal Units that spawn from Crypt
- When three AI races are selected - one of the races do not upgrade their walls.
- Aura healing can cause lag for some users (Spell FX currently disabled)
- When a wall breaks the animation can cause lag for some users.
- Some worker’s battalion leaders will move to a tasked resource first before the rest follows (at long distances)