So driven by the fact that the Index controllers need support in the main build I've finally got round to updating the default build to the latest beta.
The development of the betas has included a lot of new features, bug fixes, plugin, sdk and Unity version updates. I've gathered as much of the most important ones together for you to peruse below.
New features and improvements
- Index controller support.
- Added memory of previous FOV for Barrel and Fisheye when browsing.
- Replaces all the texture loads with a different method which improves load times and removes pauses in VR.
- Added Mixed Reality Controller inputs for the joysticks.
- Added Polish language option. Very kindly provided by a user :).
- Changed SteamVR SDK to v2
- Images refresh when replaced while viewing.
- Hide timebar option so that it doesn’t show up in the playback when skipping forward and backward. Setting/interface/Show progress bar...
- Whirligig now remembers the volume from your previous session.
- Text in UI sharpness improved for better legibility.
- Playlist option improved and added to settings menu. Still in beta.
- Added the ability to delete files through the shortcut menu. Add this shortcut in the input menu.
- New environment loft added.
Updates SDK's, Plugin's, Unity
- Oculus SDK
- AVpro Video plugin
- Double tap of skip forward/backward fixed.
- Corrected reversed backwards/forwards on position panel.
- Fixed scrolling on input menu.
- Fixed double click issue when going from next previous media.
- Fixed tilt up not moving smoothly on hotkeys.
- Fixed (hopefully) the issue with non English setup machines.
- Fixed issue with Windows Mixed Reality controllers.
- Fixed warp restore from preset and depth change.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut restoring to default on each start.
- Fixed Suppressed loading settings checkbox.
- Fixed force mono on all videos. Settings/projections/Depth/
- Fixed Oculus remote not working.
- Fixed fitlers in browser not remember properly.
- Made it so you can't select no filters in the explorer.
If you discover bugs
This is quite a big update with a lot of changes to the core structure of Whirligig. Because of this I might of failed to see new bugs that I've added. Please get in touch here or post on the Steam forum or email me email@example.com I really want to make sure this is a quality update for all users of Whirligig and build a good bases to go forward. The more feedback I can get the better I can make forthcoming updates.
If you have really big issues you can return to the previous default build in the betas whirligig_early_access_v.4.72
So these are the updates in this default build release. I hope you like them. I'll be working on some small things in the next update which will occur over the next couple of weeks. These will most likely be small changes to fix some UI bugs and improve the stability. If you have any problems let me know so I can include fixes in these updates as well.
And finally finally, thanks for all your support and I look forward to hearing your thought.
Until next time, happy watching :)