Introducing a new system of Pets
- These companions that will follow you around as you navigate the labyrinths of death and the realms beyond.
- As with most systems (starting gear/worlds/character backgrounds/skins) their unlock cost is discounted during early access.
Keep an eye out for those egg collectables...
🎼 New Audio
Additional sound effects have been added to the grotto.
We also have a new boss piece for the necromancer
(we'll leave the link here for the first 3 days)
New skin tones and outfits
Leading to over 27 new cosmetic combinations since the previous update set.
New Difficulty Mode
A few players have asked for a more gradual difficulty curve.
The easy mode provides a much more forgiving game experience, whilst retaining a degree of the core challenge.
In case you're wondering what the differences are between the 3 difficulties are:
- Most noticeably there is no timer for the hunter's appearance, so you can take as much time as you like without having to evade it.
- Special pursuit level themes (lava,gas,fading lights...) move slower.
- Your attacks are stronger
- Take 12% less damage.
- Many enemy moves are nerfed including having slower and fewer projectiles.
- Health potions are more effective.
- Be warned though that several achievements are disabled in this mode; XP is also earned at a 30% slower rate.
Moderate: The Standard experience.
Note that health potions have been adjusted slightly due to the addition of the previous mode.
Hard 💀: Designed for the masters
- Bosses have more health and enter their enraged phases sooner.
- Certain enemy moves are faster and happen more frequently (e.g. skeletal warriors become much better at dodging).
- Enemies are more resilient to harm and will deal out more damage per attack.
- Starting health and recovery is smaller.
- Pursuit level themes (lava/pollen flood/fading light etc.) move faster.
- Made slightly harder as of this update.
- Bonuses: + 30% XP, hardest achievements and bragging rights.
New Ability: Sphere of influence
This is a handy spell that knits the life energy of creatures together, allowing you to chain up opponents.
Injuring one opponent in the chain, injures them all. Setting one on fire also spreads the light through the connected...
Can be particularly powerful against groups of enemies or for hitting more elusive monsters with the right planning.
GUI and other graphics
- Added shield gauntlet collapsed state; actively drawn on character.
- New menu for purchasing pets.
- Better scaling of existing menu elements for wide screen.
- Notification icons now appear when a new item/character background/pet becomes available.
- Fixed up the control rebind menu so it is fully compatible with the Xbox controller.
- Additional background set pieces including parallax statues for the grotto and chains for the temple.
- Updated credits screen.
We added an intro transition screen for a bit of exposition.
Some environmental art has also been added to convey more of the setting
It's no substitute for an epic story, but it does set things up for the narrative we have planned for the game...
- Fixed bug with Ghost Lover achievement and stats not unlocking properly. Sorry about that, if you've met the pre-requisites it should now auto-unlock the next time you play.
- Added additional Steam stats regarding unlockables. These will go to automatically unlocking some new achievements in the future...
- Reduced the number of draw calls and render textures created across the entire game.
- Render textures are cached more instead of creating new ones to save on memory and performance.
- Fixed Rare OpenGL memory issue which randomly skipped rendering the lighting layer for a chunk.
Bug fixes and rebalancing
- Behavior for grapple release adjusted to be more intuitive on controller.
- You can stand on fallen stalectites now.
- Nerfed orb mage pre-hard difficulty. It will no longer jet away from you as fast to dish out pain.
- Skeletal soldiers will roll away from you at close range.
- Crystal eye telegraphs where it's going to fire.
- Repeater dart trap have been slowed slightly
- Firebrands/embers are no longer acting like straphnel.
- Fixed issue with notification text not appearing
- Multiple other tweaks
- Additional time before the hunter's summoning is given on the higher levels.
- Progress Menu now shows character backgrounds and pet unlocks at the end of each run (not just equipment items).