This big update brings a new location, a new NPC with quests to complete and a cool reward, a new danger in the gold cave, a series of collectables, a water barrel and water tank for storing water on your airship, carrying water in buckets, new buildable furniture, and fixes and tweaks!
New Location - Clifftop Cabin
Follow the winding path up to the clifftops where a crazy Old Coot has built himself a cabin safe from the Seekers below. While doing some chores for the Old Coot you will explore the clifftops, journey through the looming arches to find the pond hidden amongst the buttes, and look for the cave which houses a mysterious surprise.
New NPC with quests!
With the Old Coot we introduce quests to Desert Skies! He has a series of four quests for you to complete and something extra special for your airship as a reward. Let us know what you think, do you want to see more quests on your journey?
What is a wobblehead? It's a cool little figurine for decorating your airship, and when you take off its head wobbles! There are 13 to collect, one hidden in each location after the start.
We have been extra devious in hiding the wobbleheads and they don't get highlighted as you enter a location, so you're going to have to keep your eyes peeled and search high and low to find them (hint hint).
With 13 wobbleheads you'll need somewhere to place them! We've added two new types of tables, a new type of shelf, and a wall mounted cabinet to your building menu.
You can now build a Water Barrel and a Water Tank on your airship. The barrel holds 3 canteens worth of water, while the tank holds 7! You'll need a way to fill them up, so you can now equip the bucket. Be careful though, if you sprint, jump, fall or unequip the bucket then you'll spill its precious water. Carefully carry it back to your airship!
Danger in the Gold Cave
Despite it's eeriness the gold cave has always been a safe location, until now! The danger doesn't come from the Seeker however... Tread carefully and keep your ears pricked!
We've made a number of fixes and tweaks based on feedback. Thank you for getting in touch!
- We've changed the hit detection on the Seeker's heart shard, it should be more accurate for all players now.
- We've improved the feature where holding down the interact button keeps harvesting/shooting/etc, you won't have that issue where it harvests/shoots an extra time anymore.
- Dropping an item on your sleeping bag, or anything else aboard the airship, no longer stops your flight.
- When you continue a game you always start descending now, so that you don't fly over a location before you have time to stop.
- Fixed the always locked doors in the showdown location.
- We've added more loot to the showdown location.