Streets of Rogue is out of Early Access! That’s right, after nearly two and a half years in Early Access and over five years in development, Streets of Rogue is finally ready for prime time!
On behalf of Matt Dabrowski, aka madguy90:
The game has also been released on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. I’m very proud to say that we were able to pack nearly all of the content and functionality of the Steam version into the console versions! Whichever version you choose, you’re getting the full Streets of Rogue experience!
I’ve said this many times before but I wanted to reiterate: Streets of Rogue would absolutely NOT have been possible without the help of the Early Access community. Believe it or not, I actually do read all of the feedback on the message boards, the discord, and the stuff that you guys have sent through the in-game feedback form. This has been immensely helpful in finding and fixing bugs, gauging what people want to see in the game, what people don’t want to see in the game… It’s like having a massive QA team and a whole crew of game designers, which didn’t exactly fit into the budget of a solo game developer. I am completely blown away by the devotion that many of you have shown in helping to make Streets of Rogue a better game. I can’t overstate just how much I appreciate your efforts.
If you haven’t played Streets of Rogue in awhile, you may be surprised at just how much the game has changed and expanded. I’ve been putting out substantial updates every two weeks since the game entered Early Access. I could go in-depth about how much content, polish and balancing work has gone into Streets of Rogue, but in the interest of brevity I’ll just put it this way: It’s gone from being a game that was worth maybe a dozen hours of your time, to something that many, many people have played for hundreds or (in a few cases) literally THOUSANDS of hours. There’s a lot of game in here.
Here’s what the rest of my summer looks like:
- Take in user feedback and fix bugs as the dust settles around the launch
- Take a short recuperation break so that I don’t go nuts
- Start working on new features and content for the game: Characters, Items, Traits, etc.
My only major plans for the immediate future are “more Streets of Rogue”, so stay tuned!
The Making of Streets of Rogue
I’ve just released a new DLC that includes around an hour of developer’s commentary and a bunch of old builds of the game dating back all the way to 2014. If you enjoy Streets of Rogue and feel like spending some time chilling out and learning how the game got made, this might be for you!
Version 81 Changes
- Terminator - Kill the Killer Robot
- True Believer - Find the Alien
- Fast Food - Make a Refrigerator "Run"
- Creature Feature - Kill a Vampire while playing a Werewolf
- Flat Earther - Fall off the edge of the map
- Creative Genius - Create a custom character
- Fountain of Life - Poison a water body with Resurrection Shampoo
- Potent Mix - Have four status effects at once
- Slaver Enslaver - Enslave a Slavemaster
- The Best Around - Win an Arena fight
- Massacrist - Kill everyone in a level
- Safe Travels - Nicely ask an NPC to leave a level
- Shocker - Electrocute someone in water
- Ironic Killer - Kill someone by throwing a Gravestone at them
- Murderous Mixologist - Give someone a Cyanide Cocktail
- Zombies Welcome - Zombies are welcome amongst the normal population.
- Supercop Land - All Cops are replaced with Supercops.
- Money Rewards - Money is always given as a reward for completing missions.
- Ape Town - Everyone appears as a gorilla, though this has no effect on gameplay.
- Many Werewolves - Werewolves appear randomly amongst the normal populace.
- High Costs - Everything costs more money
- Assassination Nation - Assassins appear every level.
- Doctors are Important - Health items are less effective, but doctors are cheaper and more common.
- Big Knockback - More knockback is applied to all hits.
- No Cowards - People will never run from battles.
- Neutral Cannibals - Cannibals are no longer initially hostile.
- Fix for NPCs sometimes facing the wrong direction after teleporting
- Fix for custom characters having incorrect body sprite when dancing
UI / Controls
- Added the option to play in-game sound and music while the game is minimized
- Changed color of "right-click to use" text on tooltips from red to orange to avoid confusion (red often indicates that you can’t do something)
- Added a small built-in dead zone for player movement and missions screen cursor movement to avoid issues for users with “sticky” joysticks
- Fix for some sign text displaying a scroll bar when viewed in 3- and 4-player mode
- Fix for cases where player could teleport into buildings if the outside of the building was surrounded by ooze
- Fix for most cases where chatlog's bottom line gets cut off
- Fix for Door Detonator not always blowing up the door properly when out of the camera's view
- Fix for Record of Evidence not playing when the player pays a DJ to do it
- Fix for Loadout-O-Matic having incorrect items when using No Guns mutator or No Melee
- Player cannot purchase guns from ATM Machine when using the No Guns Mutator. Same goes for melee weapons and No Melee
Status Effects / Traits / Special Abilities
- Fix for NPC Werewolves not always transforming properly (for real this time)
- Prickly Skin cannot trigger with Ghosts
- Fix for player being able to hit other zombies who were killed/zombified for Neutralize All mission
- Human players are never classified as "Guilty"
- Fix for Cool with Cannibals causing problems when the player possessed Cannibals with the Shapeshifter
- Fix for quick-teleport not working properly in Mayor Village if player has Teleport-Happy
- Fix for Fireproof Skin + not destroying fires as custom character
- Fix for player taking damage from Flamethrowers and Fire Spewers when they have Fireproof Skin +
Stats / Unlocks
- Fix for cases where player would not receive “Found Cool Stuff” bonuses while using gamepad
- Fix for Slum Dweller only being charged $40 for the Big Quest payments in Quick Game mode
- War Zone NPCs don't technically jump out of manholes when they are off camera to cut down on potential errors
- Player cannot command NPCs to attack Hologram Bigfoot
- NPCs who are Zombies, Ghosts or Robots will not retreat indoors during Ooze and Radiation Blast disasters
- Fix for NPCs not becoming hostile toward the player for trespassing on their property if the player has possessed a rioter or war zone NPC
- Fix for NPCs ceasing to respond to commands if the player commands them to destroy an object in a location that they can't reach
- Fix for cases where Zombies could get mad at custom character zombie players due to Fair Game
- Fix for Radiation Blasts description stating that the blasts are every 15 seconds instead of 20
- Bouncer speech won’t reference wanting money or alcohol in their dialogue unless they are willing to accept it
- Fix for Shopkeeper in being able to open a locked door he was not supposed to
- Fix for rare cases where tutorial can lock up when opening the red door
[b]Happy Streets of Rogue’ing everyone!