- You can now self-publish your books. You don't need an agent to self-publish and you get to keep all the profits, but you have to spend money on marketing and book printing. Self-publishing is unlocked by a book sometime after year 12.
- The book design dialog has been moved to the self-publishing flow. When publishing your books traditionally, you will receive a random book design.
- [Community suggestion] You can now query agents in the Character dialog. Hiring an agent costs 50XP. Better agents become available as the quality of your published works improves.
- Your apartment's initial monthly expenses have been reduced to $600, but your rent will increase every year until you buy your own house.
- There's a new button on the book sales chart to withdraw your book from circulation early (in case it's not well received).
- New EP book: Plot
- Gameplay rebalancing: Your income will increase more gradually as the game progresses.
- Fixed an issue where old publisher offers would accumulate in the Mail dialog causing the game to crash.
- Fixed several issues with autosave.
You should be able to continue playing by loading a previous save. If you run into issues, it is recommended to start a new game.