It's time, fellow Foragers!
This free update is a thank you to all of you! It is an ambitious amount to add in only a month, but we wanted to show our gratitude to all of you for the incredible level of support you have all shown since our release. We hope you enjoy!
As an additional thank you, Forager is for the first time on sale! New players can now get it at 15% off until Monday 10th! Tell your friends!
Special thanks to our awesome beta-testers that made sure the update was stable for all PC players alike! ːsteamhappyː
Features / Quality of Life
New Game Modes (Single Island Challenge in which you need to get all Tools to win and Speedrun Mode in which you need to get all Feats to win, with more to come in future updates!)
New Carpentry Station building with 10 new decorative items!
New Weather system with new visual effects. In the near future this will also contain gameplay modifiers! (There will soon be an option to turn this off for people having issues with old PCs)
A TON of new ingame options!
Some new secret options...
Improves crash-proof saving. Losing savefiles to random crashes or computer shutdowns should be much rarer now!
Removes buffs from shrines if they cannot be used / assist the player
Disables cosmetic items being automatically equipped visually
Nerfs Fairy Aura healing effects
Increases enemy and boss max HP
Adds a button to auto-sort the inventory
Updates in-game roadmap
Bug Fixes / Stability
- Fixes an issue where the “Tool Collector” feat would misfire
- Removes a crash related to using a controller on upgraded vaults
- Prevents an issue where opening a treasure chest before skill requirements are met can prevent players from 100% completing the game
- Stops the bow from firing if a different tool is selected
- Allows for enemy’s coin drops to be influenced by amulets and lighthouses
- Ensures that steam achievements are unlocked when feats are completed
- Fixes various localization issues / typos
- Optimizes placing buildings late game (fixing an issue where building new structures late game would temporarily freeze the game)
- Fixes an issue where sorting your inventory made items vanish (try sorting your inventory again now, the items should reappear)
- Old saves now have carpentry station unlocked
- Fixes a crash when opening vaults
- Fixes a bug where starting in Classic mode unlocks the Addicted feat
- Removes the rain sound from stacking multiple times
- Stops beds and other new items from being used in the inventory
- Resolves an issue where destroying a gate doesn't return the item
- Ensures that roads are removed from the inventory when using them
- Restores the 3rd row for vaults
- Fixes issues with new items in the market
- Stops torchbugs from instantly despawning
- Shrinks the hitbox on the Carpentry Station to better represent its size
- Prevents the mouse from falling behind certain menus
- Stops you from placing roads on tiles that already have roads
- Roads can no longer be placed on bridges
- Fixes an issue where placing a fence on top of yourself messes up neighbor fences
- New items can no longer be placed on water
- Fixes an issue where the flower pot is invisible when dropped on the ground
- Untoggles single click attacks when swapping items
- Adds audio to hitting beds
- Makes lights glow properly during the sunrise
- Corrects the timing of music
- You can't destroy tiles that are occupied by a familiar / drone
- Changing some settings with a controller can crash the game
- Controller does not work on the gamemode selection menu
- Destroying land underneath roads does not destroy the road
- You can get yourself stuck by buying an island on top of you
- Using excavator on shrines can put digging spots on top of roads
- Placing a fence can crash the game when you have too many fences
- Having structure costs split between vault and inventory will only consume items from the inventory
- Placing the mouse between two buttons in the rebind screen generates noise
- The new artifact screen is slightly rotated
- You can get stuck sleeping
- Skeletons and demons don't spawn in the single island challenge
- Drinking the mandragora potion can make structures disappear
- Carpentry table isn't listed in skill description
- Opening the skills menu while in bed will bug the player position
- Single Island Challenge can't be completed
- Secret rooms feat won't trigger
- Camera does not zoom out in buy / build mode
- You can exploit death to replenish energy
- You can revert a sacrifice by re-entering your save
- Inconsistencies while saving / reverting altar usage in skull maze (after exiting the game)
- Can't save the options of a save file while in dungeons
We hope you enjoy all the new stuff! It was a ton of fun to make, and we have plans to keep working on this game for as long as you want us to!
Thank you for your support and happy foraging!