This patch came about after a lot of feedback. I kind of just went in and made a ton of changes overall to the game. Its a bit of a feature creep in some respects but I think it makes up for the fact that I have decreased the difficulty of the main game with a number of changes. But in this case I added a new difficulty that just goes absolutely full out.
- Flashlight Non-effective on low video settings. ??? (Cannot reproduce this issue, I was unable to fix this...)
- Damage reflection armor regen potency should no longer be modified by damage taken.
- Upgrading the quality of a blueprint now functions a bit differently.
- The stat change of an item after upgrading a blueprint is far more clear now.
- The amount of item quality increased per upgrade has been increased 10x
- The items and credits needed per upgrade have been increased 10x
- A minor exploit in the cost of upgrading an item has been fixed.
- You now lose 25% of the current experience point requirement to level up on death. (Cannot De-level)
- Death counter now becomes invisible after one death on all classes but deprived.
- Removed the game settings tab on title screen options. (Those settings are saved on each character separately.)
- Advancements now give the proper amount of experience points especially at early levels.
- Power Node battle experience reward has been greatly reduced.
- Some Character sheet stats have been given more interesting cosmetic values.
- Default video mode has been modified to use a Retro filter. (I honestly feel like this should have been on always)
- Each Crafting material now has a limited stack size. (To balance out no death penalty)
- Jump height for all classes has been slightly reduced.
- Jump boots no longer provide as much height.
- Jump boots now provide a boost of speed forward.
- Combat Boots jump bonus has been greatly decreased.
New playable class (Super hard mode!)
If you want a genuine challenge then try playing the game in Deprived mode.
- Deprived Playable Class added to the game.
- Deprived class always has a visible death counter.
- Deprived class drops all loot on death in addition to the experience point penalty.
- Deprived class has a much higher/steeper Experience point leveling curve.
- Added Old Rusty pistol back into the game. It is now the starting weapon of the Deprived.
- Deprived class has generally worse stats than other classes except movement.
- Deprived class item quality degrades on death. (5%)
- Deprived class equipped items and current weapon quality degrades as you gain experience points from killing enemies.
- Deprived class items break at zero Quality.
- Deprived class all enemies move at double speed.
I live streamed for a bit testing out the latest patch here. (Sorry I keep forgetting to shut off my chromakey so green ends up looking black)