Hello! Today's update adds in some new cabinets & props, some fun new commands, improves support for local MP3 files, and adds support for Steam Friend invites.
Slim, Starfighter, Omni's, Holo's
There's 2 new arcade cabinets for housing games, and 3 new hologram/blend/sprite cabinets for housing images. The interesting thing about the Hologram & Blends are that they use black as the alpha channel, so it looks great even on images without their own transparency! Special thanks to OkeDoke for contributing the Starfighter cabinet!
Physics (ie. rage mode)
There's a new button in the Object Context Menu, and also in the Commands tab, that temporarily toggles physics on objects in your arcade. Feel free to wreck your arcades like a rock star in a hotel room! Because when you reload the map, they are back in their original positions. Party on!
Scaled To Fit
You can now stand on scaled objects and click on them just as well as you can regular objects! So feel free to scale those tablets to fit right into the perfect space. ːilyː
There were 4 requests for new wizards for various users' favorite sites, so today's update includes 4 new wizards! Soundcloud, Vesta, Itch.io's HTML5 games section, and DC Online are now all spawnable from wizards.
In addition to that, community member Mexc has contributed a new kind of wizard in today's update that takes all of the playlists on a YouTube channel profile and puts them in their own favorites list inside of AArcade!
To help keep users informed of how to use wizards, and what to expect from each one, I have started a Trello card that will detail each one. It can be found here: https://trello.com/c/T7U9915u/1997-wizards-working-broken-list
If you hold down TAB and go to the Commands tab, you'll find a new button called Mirror Everything. Pressing this temporarily turns every single screen in your arcade into a video mirror for some truely insane video watching. Give it a try! And just click the button again to turn it off. :)
When you are in a multiplayer session, your friends will now be able to join you through Steam Friends! The old invite links and regular Servers menu still work also.
When you spawn local MP3's onto the wall, they will now automatically play after you select them! Also, the other MP3 files in the same folder automatically play in a sequence too!
This is more of an advanced feature, but there's now various ways to refresh your textures in-game! There's a Refresh Textures button on the Object Context Menu and if you click it once, it does a quick game-texture refresh. Alternatively, if you click & hold on it, it'll clear your cache and re-download the image from the original source! And if all else fails, there's a new console command called reset_image_loader that will reboot just the image loader without having to re-load the map. More stability & improvements to come!
That's the main stuff for this update! I'm still working on getting the VR build stable & into your hands, so stay tunned for news on when I squash the remaining bugs there. Until then, I'll see you guys in the metaverse!
- Added new cabinet Star Fighter, by OkeDoke.
- Added new cabinet Slim.
- Added Omnilight and Omnilight Audio props. They light up other nearby props.
- Added Slim, Starfighter, Hologram Tall, Hologram Square, Blend, Blend Tall, Blend Square, Sprite, Sprite Tall, and Sprite Square to the default cabinets list. Also added Omnilight and Omnilight Audio to the default props list.
- Added Object Physics Toggle to the Commands tab. It toggles the physics on the object under your crosshair. (Physics are local & reset the next time the map is loaded.)
- Added Toggle Physics to the object context menu.
- Added a wizard for Soundcloud.
- Added a wizard for Vesta.
- Added a wizard for DC Universe.
- Added an Itch.io wizard for their HTML5 games section.
- Added Mexc's YouTube Playlist wizard.
- Added some documentation about which wizards work, which are broken, and detailed instructions on how to use them at: https://trello.com/c/T7U9915u/1997-wizards-working-broken-list
- Added Attract Camera animations to Wall Pad Wide & Wall Pad Tall cabinets.
- Added Refresh Textures to the Build Mode Context Menu. Clicking it will cause the texture images to reload from cache. Alternatively, if you click & hold down for a moment instead, AArcade will also clear its cached version of the image, forcing it to reload from it's original source. Also note that the console command "reset_image_loader" can be used to internally reset the image loader to troubleshoot cases where it stops loading images.
- Added Hide / Unhide to the Advanced Build Mode Context Menu, to match EZ Mode functionality.
- Added Mirror Everything Toggle to the Commands tab. It temporarily makes all screens behave as if they were video mirrors.
- Added Auto-Playlist Other MP3s In Same Folder to the Sound tab of the Settings menu. It is enabled by default.
- Added the launch option +libretro_sound 0 to debug Libretro issues some users experienced. (The existing setting in the -config launcher will also be properly respected in-game now.)
- Added the debug console variable "selector_ray_enabled 0" which can be used to disable the new selector ray casting to benchmark performance differences.
- Added support for Steam Friends invites to multiplayer sessions.
- Fixed a bug that caused Steam Rich Presence to be invalid after returning to AArcade from a different game.
- Fixed the on-screen GUI Gamepad to actually work when you click on it.
- Fixed accuracy of selecting scaled objects and positioning things against scaled objects.
- Fixed an issue that caused some cabinets to become non-collide after they were scaled.
- Fixed the Joined Twitch Channel spam when reconnecting to Twitch chat or changing maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused stickers not to immediately update when Save & Apply Stickers was clicked.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Players tab to have a broken icon in the menu. (For real this time.)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Edit Item menu to strip the S off of HTTPS values. (For real this time.)
- Fixed avatar textures not loading in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue that caused MP3's with screen images on them not to play in-game.
- Improved the 1-Player thumbnail on the Main Menu's ability to take you to the map shown.
- Improved the local MP3 player to auto-start your music when you activate an object & have a screen-saver on the object's screen.
- Improve Libretro content path detection to merely need to be the root of the shortcut target.
- Improved the hologram cabinet to be non-collide.