This patch introduces several bugfixes as well as the first iteration of the lore system, search the map for hidden fragments of the past and work together with the community to decipher the past and find meaning in this strange world.
The goal with update 0.4.5 is to begin highlighting the depth of Riftwalker, to begin to lure those fascinated with story deeper into the unknown - and at the same time, begin to offer some progression to the game's mechanics. I've also added a way for you to reset your save data, as previous versions may have conflicting save data. I would recommend if you're already playing Riftwalker, PLEASE head to the options menu, then go to saves - and delete your save data.
As always, thank you to the community - this wouldn't be possible without you guys and girls. Please join the discussion and give me feedback on this update so I can continue to build and refine this game into a gem.
Everyone likes new stuff - so along with the bugfixes, I've included some new stuff. This is mostly the first iteration of the lore system that will allow me to add several new lore fragments with ease in the coming updates.
- First lore fragment - a torn note with a magical inscription.
- Teaser for the new tileset has a rare chance of spawning, at a later stage, this will be required to unlock the new tilesets and progress through the game world.
- New steam rifle turret VFX - I felt the original vfx was feeling a bit lacking and gave it some love.
- New menu in the options menu in order to reset your save data if needed, in this case, I would recommend.
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to report bugs on the community discussion, here are some fixes for issues that you have brought up. Please keep those bug reports coming!
- Fixed a critical bug that caused the perk menu to open mid-game, resulting in the main menu overlaying over the game.
- Fixed several tower platforms, there are a few more I need to deal with - please send me screenshots of any platforms that do not work.
- Fixed a bug resulting in the incorrect save location for files being used.
- Fixed a bug where the player would get several thousand knowledge points when unlocking a perk.
I'll be doing constant, small changes to continually update the balance of the game. This will be highly dependant on the feedback that I get from you on the community discussion, so please join the forums and let me know what you feel needs changing.
- Reduced player HP regen slightly in order to make the game sliiightly more challenging.
- Steam rifle turret attack speed and damage tweaks. (DPS should be around the same)
- Starting resources set to 419 (from 420).
It's unavoidable, but there are still some issues that need to be addressed from before this patch, or as a result of this patch. These are issues I am currently aware of, and am working on. Please join the community discussion and let me know of any other issues.
- Some tower platforms are still not useable - and/or do not show all available towers.
- New steam rifle turret vfx bullets may appear to jump around occasionally.
- Beam tower on full upgrade uses the flamethrower attack.