Hello, survivors! The long polar night of no content updates is finally over! We’re thrilled to release a new major update for The Wild Eight called Shadow Hunt. The harsh lands of Alaska will present new challenges for the survivors with the introduction of the new boss and the food spoilage system!
[i]Main features include:
New quest: find the mysterious totems around the map and get the clues for lifting The Curse Of Wendigo. Face Wendigo, the dark manifestation of the ancient indian evil, himself. Explore the darkest corners of the abandoned museum or study the bizarre stonehenges.
Food spoilage system: gone are the times when you could always have a fresh snack in your pocket. All of your food items now have three conditions - Fresh, Spoiled and Rotten. The freshness is portrayed by a bar in the lower part of the item and its description. The freshness decays at a constant rate that can be slowed down by storing the food in the snow or in the Chest.
New accessory and vanity items: pay homage to the indian heritage by wearing the Native American garb and fight the cold with the lighter which will help you lit campfires easier.
UI Improvements: a fresh coat of paint for all of the main parts of the interface and player HUD.
And even more additions and fixes: improved visuals for the world and its creatures, animals re-balance, tweaks for melee combat and all weapons.
- Added new quest ‘Shadow Hunt’. Find the mysterious totems and find a way to summon and defeat Wendigo!
- Introduction of the Food Spoilage system. Your food’s Freshness is portrayed by a bar in the lower part of the item icon - if it reaches the end, the food will become too rotten to eat!
- Several UI elements received a visual upgrade: Shelter UI, Workshop UI, Equipment UI, Quest Panel, Toolbar, Weapon Slots, Stat Bars.
- Adjustments to melee swing speed. Melee combat now has faster swings.
- Weapon rebalance. Toned down overall power of melee weapons due to faster swings. Overall power of melee combat should remain roughly the same.
- Changed control scheme for ranged weapons. Guns and Bows now both control differently. With Guns you now hold RMB to aim and then press LMB to fire. Bows require aiming with RMB, holding down LMB to charge the shot and firing by releasing LMB.
- Added ‘Survey’ button to the Main Menu
- Rebalanced animals. All animals now move faster and the wolves have had their stats re-adjusted.
- Added new visuals for wolves
- Added camera shake for combat interactions
- Fixed an issue with Metro interface not opening or ceasing to respond when called from the panel on Mirror station.
- Fixed Isaac disappearing from the tile dedicated to Lost Future quest after player’s appearance
- Fixed Isaac spawning in the wrong place or under the tile
- Fixed the items disappearing from the Workshop if its inventory hasn’t been changed after building in the case of its removal by Packing Up or due to the player's death
- Fixed an issue with the item drop button switching weapon slots
- Fixed left mouse button not looping attacking action when pressing and holding it right after another attack
- Fixed one of the cars giving 100 scrap in Shadows In The Night sidequest tile
- Fixed the tree in one of the tiles lying horizontally despite being available for harvesting
- Fixed Throwing Stones disappearing mid-air on The Bunker tile
- Fixed some tutorials being longer than the Quest Panel
We hope these changes will reinvigorate your surviving spirit and make the game more enjoyable! And if you happen to run into some bugs -- we’re always happy to hear your feedback in The Wild Eight's Steam Discussions thread or our official Discord channel.