Thanks everyone for your amazing support! It's time to merge the beta into the main build!
Take advantage of Easter specials that lasts till this Sunday! And remember ff this is not your kind of thing, you can disable this from the settings menu!
- Cut scenes now pause timed mode.
- When playing in timed mode switching the game/app out of context (eg clicking another monitor) will forfeit the turn.
- Pylon beams graphics should now behave properly. Update: There are some cases that still behave weirdly.
- Pylon buffs should end immediately on their destruction.
- diagonal movement with 2 new binded horizontal and vertical keys should now properly work.
- Use of mana stones will now properly update in the inventory.
- Shadow status effect from WM now properly disappears when entering a location.
- Fixed save UI issue where characters with the same name from 2 different campaigns would mirror their description.
- Hand(cursor) should now properly disappear after dialog in the eventful dungeon levels or world map quests.
- Resting should no longer be interrupted at home (first map of the dawn of shadows campaign).
- Fixed main menu flickering on some screens.
- Fixed bug where high scores would not show up in your local leaderboard.
Entity turn order to recover their energy is now defined by their type:
- Player always goes first.
- Bosses go second.
- Regular enemies and champions go third.
- Objects such as Pylons go forth.
This change should not be very noticeable in gameplay. Nevertheless its a fairly important change to the code base and so be on the lookout for possible bugs.
- Potions of quelch fire and unfreeze have been renamed to potions of fire ward and cold ward respectively. In addition to removing harmful effects they ward against fire and cold/freeze effects and damage for 6 to 17 turns. The effects of the potions are mutually exclusive, meaning you can have 1 up at a given time. Prices have been increased accordingly.
- Hunter's explosive shot explosive factor can now do critical damage (as a separate check of the first shot).
Highlight! Easter limited time content! This will be enabled starting on Thursday till Sunday! Crag colored egg! Enjoy cute bunnies and kill evil ones! All of this can be disabled from the menu of course!
Highlight! There is now support for changing in game graphics of characters, monsters and items. This is not feature complete and more customization will be added with time. See manual under the folder "CustomResources" in the app installation folder for details on how to customize your character!
you can now see the tool tips in the action bar when inside the inventory, spells or abilities screen.
Added support for modding game language. In order to add a new language:
- Under "\steamapps\common\Rogue Empire\Rogue Empire_Data" you will find a folder named "SmartLocalizationWorkspace".
- Inside you will find a file called DefaultLanguage.txt. Edit this file and change the "en" to the equivalent in I18N standards of the language you want to add. As an example lets use "es" for spanish.
- Then navigate further to this folder: "AutoGenerated\Resources", copy the Language.en.txt file and rename it Language.es.txt. The "es" is for the configured language in the previous step.
- Edit the new Language.es.txt and change each value entry in English to the language you are modding.
Slightly increased brightness on shadow forming maps.
By popular demand, dwarfs now start with a pick axe.
I have something excited to announce but can not tell yet :S!
In any case I ll continue work on bugs fixes and balance as well as the rest of the mid-term objectives in the road map remaining!
Cheers and happy crawling! Oh... and go kill some evil bunnies!