Military Base Control Point
The often requested Military Base is finally here! This lot initially appears as an abandoned lot, but when you reach level 12 a mission appears to unlock it. If you are playing on an existing map you can construct it once you reach level 15.
Its a control point, giving +1 Base Attack Limit, +1 Base Attack Limit Cap and a slight economic boost in the form of +2 Industry Desirability. But more importantly its a spawn point for tanks! Tanks that spawn here will be loyal to their controller and will defend against enemy attack.
The defenders are very strong - they start at garrison level 6 (same strength as the first dungeon)
Due to the nature of tanks appearing in a Control Point, I've modified tanks so that they can capture lots if driven by the AI or driven by a player.
Custom Road Lots
Quite a few mods have custom road lots, so I decided to make the functionality to make it official. You can now mark LotPack items as ROAD or CANAL and have them appear in a new "Build Manual Road" screen. By setting a ROADFLAGS parameter you can tell the AI if the direction of the road. See lots/packs/vanilla.txt for implementation details.
I've added a few roads lots to the base game - a 4 way intersection with traffic lights and a 3 way intersection with traffic lights, so that Turf Zero/Build/Strat Zero maps can have traffic lights!
Road lots are not symmetric so I also added the FORCEROT option. This forces a lot to face a direction when being placed. You can also specify an id for lot for the clicker to switch to when the player right clicks. Try the 3 way intersection to see how it works.
Civilians in buildings now have a 75% chance to duck when there is combat in a building, as opposed to just running around flailing. Some civilians still do that, but its a lot less caotic now.
When you first engage the CDF a window now appears explaining the mechanics of CDF escaping as well as a couple of pointers on how to escape (such as running to the hills, or hiding in a friendly base). Like with controls, you can press "I" to bring the window up.
Finally I added an in-game timer. This is useful for the speed-running achievements, but its also just a nice thing to have. It'll display the hours and minutes you've been playing. Strategic pause will pause the timer (and pause it for achievements)
This patch adds 19 new achievements, bringing the total to 72! I've added a lot of stuff since launch, but haven't kept up with achievements.
Some of these are purely catch up achievements, such as achievements for taking out each of the dungeons, and for completing some of the missions added after achievements were programmed (such as the Cop missions). Others are fun stuff, such as winning a race with an Ambulance or stealing the Speedy Car. I've also added some speedrunning achievements. There's a Space Race achievement (get the space program within 8 hours) and a Speed Run achievement for people who are true masochists.
Some of the achievements will require a new game to work (the dungeon ones do, and the speedrun ones will need a new map too).
Lets Build Server Reset
Finally, the Lets Build Server has been reset, the new map is another massive archipelago map
VERSION: 1.5.0 - 13/04/2019
- [Feature] - Added a Military Base
- The military base can be constructed by any player who reaches level 15
- The military base starts at fortification level 6 and progresses to level 10
- This spawns 4 tanks in 4 random locations above the surface and 2 locations underground
- [Feature] - Added placeable manual road lots
- Lots can be placed into a ROAD or CANAL categories and now appear in a new "ROADS" category in the build lot GUI. ROAD category lots will appear as road lots on the map
- Added 5 manual road pieces, a 4 way intersection and 4 variants of a T intersection, all with traffic lights
- Lots can now be marked with the ROADFLAGS option, see lots/packs/vanilla.txt for details. You can mark a lot as N/S/E/W/NH/SH/EH/WH/TL to tell AI vehicles which directions the road goes. Note that vehicle AI behaviour is undefined for lots that are not 1x1 (with the exception of ramps).
- Lots can also be marked with the FORCEROT option, see lots/packs/vanilla.txt for details. This makes a lot only placeable in a specified rotation. It also allows you to specify a lot to switch to for when the player right clicks to rotate a lot. Said lot must be in the same lotpack
- [Misc] - Civilians in buildings are now likely to crouch when gunfire is nearby (as opposed to running around)
- [Misc] - Tanks can lay siege to lots if they are driven by a player or a soldier
- [Misc] - Tanks at y < 4 will not target players 2m or more above them
- [Mics] - Added a MILITARY spawnloc for MobEntities, this makes them soldiers.
- [Misc] - CDF Icon guide is now a GUI that appears when the I button is pressed. This guide also now explains base escapes and hiding in hills
- [Misc] - Added a "/lot stripspawners" command to remove all the spawners (barrels, flags and single-spawners) from a lot
- [Misc] - Added a "winmissions" cheat to win any missions you are currently involved in
- [Feature] - You can now see your RL playtime in the Inventory screen
- [Feature] - Added 19 new achievements
- [Bugfix] - Fixed tanks not disengaging players after killing them (contrary to what appears in the 1.5 Video)