Today, we are adding Windows Mixed Reality support to AmaranTime Arena! If setting up the Oculus cameras or Vive base stations makes you as tired as I am, then you will love this update! In order to accommodate the new platform, we added a new Guided Throwing mechanic. Now, when you toss an object in the general direction that you are looking, the item will land to where you were looking. This was needed because all controllers calculate velocity and acceleration forces a little differently, and in WMR it was way off than we were used to. This new mechanic should benefit the other VR platforms as well, but if not please let us know!
We’ve got a cool looking new weapon making its way into the game, that should be coming in the next weeks. The current plan is to add that weapon and hopefully a bit more before we head to GDC this March. Let us know your thoughts and happy blasting!
Windows Mixed Reality
- Added colliders that match to the Windows Mixed Reality controllers
- Added Guided Throwing. Essentially, when you look in a direction and toss something in the general direction, the item will be tossed to where you are looking.
- Added missing controller hints to the Windows Mixed Reality controller.
- Known issue: The Run In Place does not work on the WMR platform right now. A disclaimer has been added to the Menu.
Quality of Life Updates
- The LASR-2000 enemies attacks now have spatial audio rather than just blasting in your ears.