Sorry it took so long, but the new update is finally here! This update adds new units, new weapons, new mechanics, and.. the last day! Here is the list of improvements, I hope you guys like it!
Day7: Mount Olympus!
- In the final day of the game you relive the legend of Prometheus, the Greek hero that stole the fire from the Gods to give it to humanity. The day has 4 stages:
- Stage 1: You need to throw (dead or alive) a gladiator into one of the fire pits to sacrifice them to the Gods.
- Stage 2: Steal the fire; enter the temple, and light the torch.
- Stage 3: Kill the temple guards. You can use the new incendiary arrows and the explosive barrels to make your job easier.
- Stage 4: Kill the Titan! This is the final boss of the game. Have fun! ;)
LIV Mixed reality supported!
- Added support for LIV Mixed Reality! To start streaming just switch to the new betaliv branch.
- Changed helmet hide/show mode so if you hide it it's still visible if you are streaming.
- Disabled low latency update on grip controllers to get the sync between the hand ik and the controller.
- NEW Centurion: This unit is similar to the legionary, but with more armor, more hp and a few more attacks. It also has a ranged attack. He can throw 3 plumbatas before engaging in melee combat. The new unit is available at the training arena and at the blood arena after the 2nd round.
Vive Trackers Support (BETA)- HUGE Thanks to JonJonJP!!
- Added support for vive the vive trackers. You can enable them in the new "Body" section in the options menu and they will show as a nice pair of sandals.
- In this first version your feet work like fists. In the last update will add the ability to push them away (300 style).
- Also, HUGE Thanks to JonJonJP (Discord). He was extremely generous and paid TWO trackers so I could implement them in the game :D
- Added the ability to loot swords and shields from fallen enemies! This has long been a request from the forums.
- Added Jumping! By default is disabled, but you can enable it in the options menu. To jump just press double grip.
- Quick sword reversal (Double trigger) can now be disabled in the options menu.
- You can now choose the main locomotion controller in trackpad mode.
- You can now control the enemies preferred fighting distance. In the Combat section of the menu.
- Improved gravity equations. Falling is now smoother.
- Added blob shadows when shadow setting is = low. This significantly improves the look and feel of the game in the lowest graphic settings.
- Added new section to configure your appearance. For now you can only choose to see the torso or hide it, but I plan to add full body in the next update.
- Added reverse grip to the Greek axe.
- Improved Gladiators and Legionaries animation blending (Still working on this one)
* No sword reversed when you remove it, it just returns to original position when it entered the body. * Added additional blood when stabbing and removing the weapon. * Added additional blood on the floor.
* Added incendiary arrows and their corresponding quiver. You can buy them for 25000 gold at the market. This new arrow type deals the usual 30 damage on hit, but if is set on fire deals 10 damage every second until the enemy dies. The only exception is the Titan, he only receives fire damage during 3 seconds.
- Added torch: This weapon deals 15 damage, plus an additional 5 damage during 4 seconds if it's lit on fire (so, min 15 / max 35 hit).
- Added Centurion shield: It has 3 holsters that come equipped with either plumbatas or knives depending on the type of shield. You can buy it at the market for 4500 gold.
- Added Plumbata: This is a historical dart used by the roman legions. They are part of the new centurion shield and work like a knife but with a bonus against armor.
* The message panel now tells you where you are in the game (STAGE 1/X), and improved the messages so it's clearer what to do in each stage. * Slow motion is now a difficulty multiplier, so you get more points if you disable it. * Reduced Minotaur attack speed by 20%. * Day1: Reduced the number of enemies to kill in day1 in all difficulties. * Day1: Stage 4 now allows you to bring any weapons to the fight with the sword master. * Day5: Reduced accuracy of the catapults in the first stage for difficulties easy and normal. * Day5: Removed the minotaur in the third stage in easy difficulty. * Day5: Limited to 5 and 8 the number of crocodiles to kill in easy and normal difficulties respectively. * Messages now stay for 25s at the beginning of the match to give more time to read them.
- Fixed issue that would prevent users from grabbing weapons from the floor sometimes.
- Fighters now release claws when they die instead of a knife.
- Fixed the message shown in the first stage of day 4 in normal difficulty. It incorrectly stated you had to kill the gladiator.
- Fixed Gladius 3 being replaced by a Spatha when going from the cell to the arena.
- Fixed the game losing audio while not on focus.
- Fixed arrows getting frozen in midair after hitting a shield.
- Fixed AI getting frozen after being hit by an arrow while attacking.
- Fixed "the Jesus bug" that would make some enemies come to life after being stabbed.
- Fixed not being able to use Halberd1 with 2 hands.
- Fixed weird scenario where stabbing with the pommel would leave the enemy hanging in midair (added StabbingTraceByChannel)
- Fixed enemies won´t disappear until the player releases the weapon or pulls it out. This created weird states.
- Fixed tiger spawning a blood spurt in the wrong location when recovering the sword from a stab.
- Fixed an issue in the Blood arena, that would make the crowd not stop throwing stones if using trackpad locomotion and entered in a gate.
- Fixed doing two consecutive jumps in the ladder not working.
- Fixed an issue that would allow to instakill any enemy in the game with a Pilum or Trident after throwing it.
This update is the last one I push before the final update, the one that will release the game from early access. The final update will focus mostly on polishing certain aspects of the game, fine tuning mechanics, and adding the ending (yes, we will have a proper ending! ːsteamhappyː).
As always please let me know what you think, if you find any bugs, suggestions, etc. here, in the forums or in our discord channel.