It is the holidays and so you know what that means! Yep, it’s time to curl up into a ball and enjoy the cold sweats of some intense mental trauma!
The drama and disasters around your base will now have a more complex effect on your colonists, with individual traumas embedding themselves in their minds. Earthquakes, cave ins, fires, alien attacks, meteor strikes, severe illness, neglect, deaths, and even intensely unpleasant social interactions can now cause long term anguish to your colonists. Their suffering will manifest in unpredictable behaviours, task aversion, distressed emails, and even as acute physical illness.
The IMP first person mode has now been greatly improved with interface changes, and more responsive way to pick things up. They also now have the ability to grab, carry and use more useful items (such as minerals).
Colonist emails are now more detailed with more descriptions of their actions in their reports, and several suggestions for the optimisation and balancing of your base. For instance they will now mention when there is a shortage of repair robots for the current base repair load.
There are many more small changes. With dozens of tweaks and balance changes made based on player feedback and further testing.
- Dogs no longer become so tired that they become despondent and never respond to orders.
- Cats also no longer do nothing due to tiredness. (Given their interests, this is probably a bad thing)
- Campaign mission 2 now allows more colonists after the (spoiler!).
- Right click now drops tool for room placement mode.
- To destroy completed rooms segments you now need to click and hold the right mouse.
- The reloading of turrets is better handled and colonists will get around to it faster.
- UI warnings panel will mention if repair bots are insufficient.
- Microwave smelter bug where it would be stuck closed fixed.
- Microwave smelter progress text updates slower to be more readable.
- Fix for terminal computer getting stuck reporting no capacity.
- World gen now checks to avoid plants placed slightly in walls or unwalkable tiles.
- Repairing burnt planters need changed from food creation to food preparation.
- Priority orders can now be switched off.
- Font size of manifest reduced.
- Manifest screen now has text alignment for data after names.
- Condenser name loading fixed.
- Nerve gas research name and text fixed.
- Fixes for vox nocturnis's getting stuck in their nests.
- Door frames set for destruction no longer need to be upgraded before being destroyed.
- Propagators can now be disassembled.
- Solar flares slightly reduced on all maps.
- Fix for too many pop-ups caused by the pop-up limitation code doing the exact opposite of its job.
- Fix for crew selection pop ups shortening time to colonist choices.
- Fix for tutorial state remaining into next mission after completing it.
- Crew selection pop ups will be totally skipped if Place Room, Rotation or Rename modes are enabled.
- Crew selection pop ups will be postponed if user is in place entity mode until they leave that mode.
- Lifespan on text without VO longer.
- Bug stopping VO playing fixed.
- Level 3 typo for VO.
- Fix for typos in campaign mission 2.
- Fix for the code that was designed to push colonists out of walls pushing colonists into walls due to weird room shapes.
- Chickens will now idle correctly.
- Fix for bug that was saving the music in a low volume state if you exited the game whilst VO was playing or waiting.
- Console spawn command can now include number of items to spawn after the item ID.
- Text GUI buttons now have a border area to make them easier to click.
Obviously this is a slightly more compact update than usual. I'm working on a much larger release with some much bigger changes and some very interesting features for release in the new year.
Until then, enjoy the holidays, be merry, and try not to set too many things on fire.