It's that time again! I have been hard at work improving HEXION. Focusing most on my energy on the social aspects of the game, and on features that enable team-work and tactical decision making. The new voice and UI systems are a big part of that!
Furthermore there's a ton of quality of life improvements, and some minor gameplay enhancing features, such as the new "portal-like" teleporters!
Make sure you come join us on Discord! Our awesome moderators are in full swing arranging games, tournaments and the likes.
- World UI (AR-Layer). Displays information such as: Hit, Kill, Players, Interactables, Objectives etc
- Added new audio for certain UI Feedback
- Added footstep + dash audio
- Distance-Grab: Point with an empty hand and teleport objects directly to your hand (max 5 meter distance)
- Teleporters now transport all matter, such as: Arrows, Weapons, Grenades
- BOTs now have a proper damage model. Body has damage resistance, and the eye takes critical damage
- Completely reworked voice systems (see below)
- Fully reworked the voice-networking to use Steams Peer2Peer api
- Switched from always on, to push to talk (menu button on non-dominant hand)
- Added voice chat to lobby (before entering a game)
- Added Team-Voice system, for talking over distances (hold the backside of your hand close to your mouth and talk)
- Increased the drag-threshold in the UI menu (makes shaky-hand button presses easier)
- Reworked the flashbang effect
- Dead players are now always shown
- Increased the networking tick-rate
- Improved the system for when players are inside geometry
- Respawn positions are now correct when standing off-center, and the play space is rotated ingame
- Weapons should no longer be able to penetrate geometry when dashing
- Audio spatialization engine no longer crashes randomly
- Player are no longer interpolated towards their respawn position
- Weird ownership behaviour can occur when two players grab the same object in a small timeframe.
Next big upgrade on the list is Full-Body Avatars - looking forward to showing you all some sneak-peek footage soon!
See you ingame! ːreheartː