This has been a while^^.
I got an email from a player that had some issues with selling items. He tought he had found a bug but in the end this was an UIX (User Interface Experience) issue and not a bug... basically it means I failed to make a clear UI.
So I decided to rework some of the game user interfaces. What Lies Beneath was my first true game and I'm currently making my third one so I learnt a lot during all those years, and yep, the UI for What Lies Beneath sucked balls :D
It's not perfect yet and will probably never be since re-working the thing is a hard and time consuming process. A lot of the code is very amateur (I started working on this game in 2012, an eternity ago) and the whole project is cluttered with bad design issues and some abandoned content I don't want to delete which makes for big compile times (it takes a lot of time for my changes to take effect when I want to move an UI element 2 pixels on the right for exemple... or make any other changes, this is especially annoying when dealing with UI since everything has to align perfectly and takes a lot of trial and error).
But I'm not complaining, working again on this old project was a fun experience and while I was at it, I made a lot of other small / medium changes to the game. Most of it are quality of life improvements but I also made some other changes to better match the chapter "The Sorcerer" with "Myrne: The Quest" (the next game in the Myrne serie, check it out!), they both happen in the same place but the inn layout was very different in the two games.
So, I hope you'll like the changes. I'm really sorry if you expected some kind of new content, I know how it feels to see an old project suddenly be updated after x years and realize it's just some small changes...
But don't worry, I'm currently working on some kind of spiritual successor to this game! Myrne in space is a thing now :D
More infos here (no better place for it than Twitter at the moment, sorry): https://twitter.com/hashtag/Myrne6313?src=hash
Oh! Here's the full changelog for the update btw :
New / Modified features
- Revamped the inn from the chapter "The Sorcerer" to match the inn from "Myrne: The Quest"
- Changed some dialogs from "The Sorcerer"
- Added an hotkey to loot all the content of an opened chest (you'll probably need to reassign key bindings on your existing save games)
- Improved Start Game UI
- Improved Load Game UI
- Revamped Options UI
- Improved Inventory UI and Craft UI
- Revamped key-binding UI
- Cleaner / easier to read menu font
- Changed character sheet font
- Added some tooltips here and there
- Improved the gold display when receiving/losing gold
- Hovering an equipmeent slot now displays the stats of the item, usefull to compare stats of two items
- Changed NPC dialogs font
- It's now possible to sell items from anywhere in a shop, no need to be looking at an item sold in the store
- Arrows icon and description changed
- Changed stones descriptions
- Changed some textures here and there
Fixes and “under the hood” changes
- Fixed the mountain tunnel (next to the farm), it's now possible to walk through it
- Performances optimization
- User input is now better sanitized when entering a profile name
- (English language only) Fixed a translation error in the inventory's help section : right -> left
- Fixed a harmless bug with water on level start. Shouldn't have any noticeable effect.
- Fixed the font of the life and mana of the co-op player
- The co-op and multiplayer key binding windows now closes properly when you return to the game
- Fixed a bug with the savegame in the chapter "The Sorcerer"
- Changed the "Turn into frog" spell's hitbox so it doesn't get caught on walls so easily
- Made some changes to Mank's journal (found in the Well in "The Sorcerer"), better writing is better...
- Made some changes to the diary at the end of the game
- Throwing sharp rocks should now work properly
Oh! I changed a pic-nic basket texture too!