Good day everyone,
we're here to bring you an early present: you get 1GB free drive space!
We added compression support to our game engine, so all that data needs much less space on disk. After downloading, On Rusty Trails is now occupying a mere 500 megabytes. Of course, all the content is still there, it's just more tightly packed and loads up even faster!
The only downside is that this patch is much bigger than the previous ones, because you basically have to redownload the whole thing. Future updates will be back to a few megs, though.
Complete list of changes:
- Added compression for game files, which reduces disk usage from 1.7GB down to about 500MB
- Added multi-threaded asset loading, which improves loading times
- Improved controls menu, each input can now be mapped to multiple buttons or keys
- Added Xbox 360 controller prompts (from https://opengameart.org/content/free-keyboard-and-controllers-prompts-pack)
- Fixed a bug which caused controls settings not to be saved
- Fixed minor localization issues
- Steam account name and avatar are now shown in the main menu
- Updated Steamworks SDK to 1.41
- Updated libSDL to 2.0.7