I know about command-lines for Steam Client and can't make it stop verifying the old backup with the latest public branch.
Is it possible to make that way at all??
So, for now and for the current version of Steam Client that "-install" command does not make any sense!!
I suppose the Steam Devs removed its functionality some time ago. But, I do need it!
So. That command line DOES start the installation process, BUT!! It works JUST the same as a regular Restore function, so to speak!! It calculates the differences between my retail DVD-Disk backup and the latest public branch and then it takes 12% from optical disk only!! The other 88% it receives via downloading.
I just want to have that command works as it should - to extract ALL THE PACKAGE from my retail disk. It must work THAT WAY. ("-install").
Also, I do know about the Steam Console feature and it allows me to use many of the internal commands - I've tried most of them and till no result. I'm pretty sure that there's or there're some, maybe even, combinations of convars which will allow to make it possible!!
PS: What do I need it for?? Only to have 100% of the stuff that I bought. I paid LOT OF money for the retail boxes, comparing to the prices in digital keys only..
OKAY this is NOT how IT works. WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING in the middle of a SENTENCE?! Why am I SCREAMING IN THE MIDDLE of a sentence?
SO MUCH TEXT and I am not even SURE WHAT YOU WANT to ACHIEVE.
Sorry, didn't think it reads as screaming.
I did explain what I need. I'm gonna repeat in other words, maybe.
I need to make Steam let me 'unzip' the old backup without downloading at all.
That's not how Steam works. If you have your account, you will have to download the game again.
You are currently replying to another tree, would you like to make a top level comment? Reply
In order to reply to this thread,
you must login via Steam.
💗 Support SteamDB by donating
This site is not affiliated with Valve, Steam, or any of their partners. All copyrights reserved to their respective owners.